Urban living and its various dimensions are taking a heavy toll on human health. Eating disorders are becoming a common problem amongst all, and rising incidence of diseases like diabetes, arthritis, and cardiovascular ailments, a known fact. Ask any person from the corporate world, and he will say what level of irregularity and indiscipline prevails in their daily eating schedule. No nutrition tips whatsoever work for them.
Skipping meals is a common phenomenon among corporate executives, and most of them find healthy eating quite boring- if not out of choice, but by compulsion. Moreover, they also tend to rely more on junk and fried foods for their daily nutritional requirement, which are all the more harmful.
But this kind of unhealthy eating habits begin to show their results within a short span of time. They start gaining weight fast with addition of fats in all the wrong places, and develop blood cholesterol related problems at an early age. This also happens because, the corporate executives, over the time, become more sedentary, but their eating habits remain the same. To undo all these effects one just needs to do two simple things – follow a disciplined eating regimen, and do workout on a regular basis.
– Here are few important yet not-so-complicated healthy nutrition tips for corporate executives:
– Never skip meals. When you do so, your body does not get the requisite nutrients and fails to generate calories that is required to keep you fit and fine. In a while your basic metabolic rate decreases, and you start to feel fatigued.
– Take small meals at regular intervals to keep your energy level high.
– Have a blast at the breakfast table. Do keep it king size, and include more of whole fruits, milk products, seeds and lentils, egg whites, and fiber-rich breads and cereals.
– Restrict the amount of tea/coffee that you consume in your office in a whole day. However, herbal tea or ginger tea works great for stress management.
– Avoid caffeine and excess intake of sugar (in the form of canned beverages), as these cause irritability, lack of concentration, depression, emotional instability etc, thus adversely affecting your overall productivity.
– Junks are a strict no no for corporate executives. Fix a day in a week, say Friday, to feast on some delicious pizzas and burgers, and for rest of the week, practice restraint.
– Keep a packet of multi-grain biscuits, oatmeal cookies, or roasted peanuts or walnuts in office to munch on, whenever you feel hungry.